Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Your dictator is a busy girl these days...and of course, just when I told you I wouldn't be posting, I had the chance to sit down for a few and catch up with Mike Tran. Mike is half of the duo behind TheNightSociety, a line of t-shirts that is set to launch on Friday at the last SWEAT at The Estate. The launch party is worth checking out for many other reasons- Hot Pink Delorean EP release, Jay K from So Dope!, the fact that the night is FREE before 11:30 so you can spend your cover on Jameson/ginger ale and connie. But I'll let Mister Girl stay on that tip. Let's talk about the clothes...
Photobucket
Businessman Tran and graphic designer Kyle Brandse were the ones who brought us the Cashmoney Distribution line, which is no longer in production. To me, Cashmoney logos and shirt designs lay somewhere between neon signs, a diamond/platinum grillpiece, and 3-d softcore on X, so I first asked Tran to tell me how The Night Society plans to keep it new and different. "More aggressive," he answered. "Clean, basic, artistic." And it's true- the designs are still loud, but sharper and more linear. I can't, in good conscience, use the word "sophisticated" to describe any line with a t-shirt that says "Pop Bottles Fuck Models", but the graphics are all grown up. Cash Money was the cool, cute new kid to Night Society's full blown shot caller. We know that Brandse can do neon and half-naked women, but to see him absolutely kill it with the text interlock/placement on the shirt below shows me that his fundamentals are also well intact. We also share the sentiment here at ONTHATTIP.INFO.
GrindAllDayFuckinBall
Night Society Photo by Lara Callahan

As for Tran's favorite shirt design, good luck prying that one out of him..."I'm torn between I Like It Rough, and Party Like Us," he laughs, "for the loud ones. And obviously the We Grind All Day And Fuckin' Ball shirts." Good thing he settled on a favorite that wasn't even included in that list, shown b elow left. I will admit, this is my #1 as well, and what I will be nabbing, but in the interest of variety here is a close competitor on the right.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Kyle Brandse, Night Society Photos by Lara Callahan

How will you wear your Night Society? I plan to destroy- I mean customize- my shirt, and rock it with a sloppy cardigan, acid wash jeans, and towering heels, since not all of us can pull off the quintessential "Brandse bandanna, bottle and cocked brim" version of the look. Show me what you come up with, and keep your eye on Mike Tran, Kyle Brandse, and The Night Society. These boys know how to hustle.

(0) Comments