Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Of course I didn't watch the Grammy awards, a fanciful intersection between target marketing and grotesque pageantry. I did, however, flip through numerous red carpet slideshows to bring you the flickering highlights and bottom-scraping lowlights of 2009 Grammy style. My critiques are solely fashion/overall-look-based...I'm not commenting (or caring, mostly) about these people's entertainment careers.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
(Above Left) Great proportions + chic choice of shoes and necklace + face and body of Marisa Miller = foolproof. (Above Right) Objectively, I would scorn a tux to the Grammys or sunglasses at night, but these two always exhibit a certain sartorial flair. Kanye always wins creativity points with me for his fanciful and self-indulgent dress (I mean that as a compliment).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
(Above Left) The inherently skill-less Audrina actually elevated this Tadashi dress (a brand I only know because they regularly supply the wardrobe for Vanna White on Wheel of Fortune) with a bold bracelet and McQueen clutch. Her hair and makeup was fresh and pretty too, steering clear of The Hills' signature orange tan/boring eyeliner/lip gloss. (Above Right) KardASSian totally brought it. The shoes and the dress look beautiful on her, and it's a more ethereal look for a typically commercial-sexy type of beauty. I wish she'd skipped the bun for softer hair, though. Too ice capades.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
(Above Left) Oh Estelle...we all loved "American Girl" but that is no excuse. These clothes are wearing you so hard, they're going to take you out 'til dawn and sport you home on the train the next day. (Above Right) I don't know who Katie Cassidy is, but for a minute I thought Lindsay Lohan was dressed up as Jesus. Stain on humanity or modern art piece? Cast your vote in the comments.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
(Above Left) Why did Paris pull this bizarre vintage number (which I love) from Versace, but then turn to this season of "Rock of Love Bus" for the tan, hair, and sparkly hoop earrings? Even the phrase "sparkly hoop earrings" makes me want to set myself on fire. (Above Right) Perhaps Paula Abdul's mellow yellow look is the result of one too many Gramm-amine. Canary, meet electric can opener.

Overall, the clothes at this year's Grammy awards were about as inspiring as....a Wednesday. -sigh- Fortunately, I'll cheer up later tonight when I'm out at Enormous Room supporting Michael V and DJ Ken of the pill at the Puma MP3 Beatdown (others participating include our friends Karmaloop, Hearthrob and Night Society)! So many large personalities in an enclosed space...this should get interesting...

xxxTFD

(4) Comments

  1. ~Saffron~ On February 16, 2009 at 12:27 AM

    Way to make me cringe at the site of canary yellow before it's paired with brown UGG boots... oh yes, it will happen.

     
    Anonymous On September 28, 2009 at 6:14 AM

    Grammy Style 2009 produces some new look fashion designs like Boston Proper Codes their fashion clothes in our hands for wearing.

     
    Anonymous On March 20, 2010 at 9:51 AM

    Howdy,

    I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]onthattip.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Let me present you with one fact here. Research presents that closely 80% of all United States adults are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

    About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.

     
    Mark Johnson On July 11, 2013 at 3:24 AM

    excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work