Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive


ON THAT TIP sits down with our good friend Edgard to talk about his exclusive upcoming event this Friday (the 13th!) featuring Bostonian heavy-hitters DJ Knife, BREK.ONE, and The Bladerunners. Edgard continues to carry that underground party torch which you have all come to appreciate lately. This guy is putting 110% into his parties, and it's very easy to see.



So, Edgard. Tell us about yourself.

To start, I want to say that I'm excited to be able to host an event like this one. I'm tired of that old downtown Boston club scene. There is a new and fresh music scene that has emerged in Boston. These kids come out to party, enjoy the music, and have a real good time. I've hosted several events in and around Boston, and I like the more "underground" vibes from these parties. I don't do this to be cool. I do it for the music, the people, to put on a dope party, and to have a good time. I've stayed true to that.

Some of my past events and collaborations have been:
SoundBomb Republik (Goodlife Bar)
Re:Fresh w/ Kid Sister (Z-Square Lounge)

Concepts Pre-Release Party (Z-Square Lounge)

Old School Classic Jamz w/ The Awesome Two (Z-Square Lounge)

Disco-nnection w/ Dj Supreme One & Brenden Wesley (Middlesex)

H U M P 2nd Wednesdays w/ Stretch Armstrong (Goodlife Bar)


The list can go on.

I'm just here to host cool & interesting events, hang out with some chill people who seem to "get it" and have a good time doing it. I'm a simple guy, with simple desires.




What inspired the slasher-flick theme?

I love old school horror films. I've been a fan of the Friday the 13th series since I was a young lad & since the 13th falls on a Friday this month, why not.




What made you choose the line-up?

Ahhh, the line-up. These guys are frigging dope as far as versatility, musical style, keeping the crowd dancing. They're also friends of mine that want to rock the house and put on a dope show. Hip-hop, classics, electro, gutter house - everything. Expect these guys to keep this crowd jumpin'.




What can one expect going to this event?

You can expect a spot that the underground party goers love to go to and have a kick-ass time. The music is being played by some of Bostons dopest DJs.

The drinks are going to be super cheap (none of that $12 glass of fucking vodka). Plus we have flashing lights, sick visuals by Zak Broman, dance, dance, and more DANCE!

This dance party is the first of many. I would love for these parties to be a raging success, and for everyone to have a good experience. I'm even doing giveaways all night as well.






FRIDAY THE 13TH DJ MASSACRE

18+ Indie / Gutter / Electro / Rage Dance Party!

DJ KNIFE
http://www.myspace.com/djknife


BREK.ONE
http://www.myspace.com/brekonesupreme


THE BLADERUNNERS
http://www.myspace.com/bladerunnerbiz



VISUALS BY KIP & ZAK BROMAN


PAPARAZZI:
MINDLESS PHOTOS.

18 TO CHILL
21 TO SPILL
$8 BUCKS @ THE DOOR.


******* MAD GIVE-A-WAYS *******


E-MAIL: SGLOCATION@GMAIL.COM
FOR LOCATION OF THIS EVENT

(2) Comments

  1. Brenden Wesley On March 12, 2009 at 4:41 AM

    Edgard is for real. He really means what he says. A genuine music lover and good dude. Much respek ;)

     
    Anonymous On March 12, 2009 at 5:17 PM

    Edgard's parties are amongst a few of the best I've been to in Boston. I'm glad there are still some promoters out there who actually care about people having a good time.